Donations of clothing, furniture, and other household goods, and support of TCP fund raising activities are always welcome. There are also numerous volunteer opportunities requiring various levels of commitment and training. TCP staff will accomodate volunteer’s schedules for most items.
- Support Partners – meet weekly with their assigned families and help them through steps leading to sustainable, permanent housing.
- Caring Sponsors – serve as friends and mentors to their assigned families and make informal contact each week.
- Children’s Program – volunteers care for children of both families and volunteers during the weekly sessions working with a TCP Children’s Program Coordinator to help children find stability and self-esteem as they go through the transition from homelessness.
- Selection Team – reviews background and reference checks relative to applicants and conducts interviews with qualifying families.
- Moving Team – help families move in and out of TCP housing, pick-up donated furniture and household items, assist in organizing storage units and updating furniture inventories.
- Maintenance Teams – to provide pre-occupancy prep, routine repairs and maintenance of apartments including painting, cleaning, and minor repairs.
- Meal Providers – organize a team from a church, social, or civic group to prepare and serve meals to TCP families and volunteers at the weekly sessions.
- Permanent Housing Program – need for landscaping, minor exterior repairs, and yard maintenance of TCP triplex.