Here at the Carying Place, we work to help make a real difference in the lives of deserving families who may be suffering. Our programs are individually tailored to help guide working families with children toward building and sustaining financial stability and independent living in a way that fits the individual needs of each family.
The objectives of our program are:
1. To provide homeless families with children the opportunity to improve their housing situation by helping them.
- Identify and take responsibility for correcting their current situation
- Set and accomplish weekly and long-term goals
- Learn and effectively use budget management skills
- Identify and effectively use available resources (either their own or those provided within the community) to gain self-reliance.
- With housing costs while participating in the program
2. To attain these objectives without “rescuing” or imposing the ideas, beliefs or lifestyles of the volunteer team on the participants.
3. To provide the opportunity for people in the Cary area to volunteer their time and talents to make a difference in the lives of others.