If you can help provide any of these services or items, please contact us at (919) 462-1800 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We greatly appreciate any assistance!
The Carying Place really appreciates donations of furniture and household items, but due to limited space and storage that is not on site, please call 919-462-1800 and arrange drop offs ahead of time!
- Furniture move teams available every other weekend to pick up donations, move furniture around within the Carying Place when needed, and to help families move into their new homes
- Yard maintenance teams for triplex and Clay Street
- Painting apartments as needed
- Office supplies
- Gift cards (gas, grocery, Walmart, Target and other discount stores, etc)
- Medical gift certificates: Eye Doctor, Dental, etc.
- Car repair gift certificates
- 1 large trash can for kitchens, and small ones for bathrooms, and bedrooms. (5 total per apartment)
- Dish drain set ups for each apartment
- Large crockpot for each apartment
- Crockpot cookbooks/recipes
- Pots and pans
- Kitchen cooking utensils
- Kitchen pot holders
- Silverware organizers
- Dishes, plastic glasses, mixing spoons, mixing bowls, silverware
- Light bulbs
- Comforters (twin and double)
- Bath mats
- Blankets (twin and double) and for baby’s crib
- Shower curtains and rings
- Neutral curtains for bedrooms and living areas
- Sheets (twin, double, and queen)
- Leak proof mattress pads for each bed that don’t make noise when one moves
- New pillows for each family. They take them with them when they go
- Two clothes baskets for each apartment
- Bagless vacuum cleaners for each apartment
- Childproof safety latches and electrical outlet plug protectors
- Task lighting in kitchens
- Cleaning supplies for each family when they move in: large bucket, dish cloths and towels, dishwashing liquid, pot scrubber pads, laundry detergent, fabric softener, mop, broom, dust pans, gloves, floor cleaner such as Murphy’s Oil Soap, bathroom cleaner such as Comet, kitchen sanitizing spray, kitchen degreasing cleaner, window cleaner, Mr. Clean scuff mark erasers, nontoxic oven cleaner, a package toilet paper, one package paper towels, one box small garbage can liners, one box large garbage can liners and toilet bowl brush. One box of tissues.
- Large climate controlled storage unit