In light of recent COVID-19 concerns, we wanted to make each of you aware that our housing item donation system, upcoming Annual Benefit Auction, interactions between our families, staff, and our properties/office and the needs of our transitional housing families have been or will likely be impacted. Here is what we can share for now…
- Housing item donations halted: The Carying Place has decided to not accept any housing item donations for the time being. We appreciate your ongoing support so please monitor our website, social media posts and emails to inform you of when we will resume. Thank you!
- Annual Benefit Auction 2020 scheduled for Saturday, April 25th postponed: We have made the difficult decision to reschedule this event for the safety of all sponsors and attendees. Keeping in mind the CDC’s strong recommendation of cancelling gatherings of 50 or more people for the next 8 weeks, a new event date will be announced in the near future. We will greatly miss seeing our incredible community come together on April 25th but look forward to re-creating this magic later this year. Our NEW BENEFIT AUCTION DATE WILL BE DETERMINED AND ANNOUNCED as soon as possible.
- Changes with family, volunteer and staff interactions: Based on CDC recommendations, we have directly communicated plans with our volunteers and our program families. We also urge each volunteer to abide by the safest practice based on their needs while communicating that with your TCP staff contact. If you are a volunteer and still have questions, please contact our office at 919-462-1800, email your particular staff contact directly or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How you can assist our families at this time: We know that school and/or work closings will impact our families at some point. To help with supporting the basic needs of our already vulnerable families, especially the children, we do invite grocery and gas gift card donations to be distributed as needed. Please contact our office at 919-462-1800 or email us at email@example.com with gift card donation questions.
- The CARES Act relief initiative now allows taxpayers to deduct up to $300 of their cash donations to qualifying organization for those who don’t itemize their deductions and would typically not get any tax benefit for donations. If you donate up to $300 in cash to a qualified organization, your Adjusted Gross In one (AGI) will be reduced by up to $300—and you can still claim the standard deduction.
To conclude, during this uncertain time we are drawing strength and inspiration from this great community. We are working to be careful now so that we can become stronger alongside each of you later. As always, thank you for your heart towards our families and ongoing support of The Carying Place.